I suggest you ...

Click a contact's phone number to call them

It would be great if instead of opening Skype when clicking on a contact's number it uses Gmail's built in calling or Google Voice as an VOIP service! At least an option in settings.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Van EppsJohn Van Epps shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sean A. RoseSean A. Rose shared a merged idea: Click to dial out from the Google contact  ·   · 
    Edward VielmettiEdward Vielmetti shared a merged idea: Integrate with Google Voice  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Rahul VohraAdminRahul Vohra (Admin, Rapportive) responded  · 

Hi folks, if your Gmail has Google Voice enabled, you can now use it call numbers right from Rapportive! You can see it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg2vfenSark

Please do let us know how it works for you :)

[If your Gmail doesn’t yet have Google Voice enabled (some Google Apps accounts do not yet), then clicking on phone numbers will still show the phone number bright and large so it is easy to enter into your phone.]

Best,
    Rahul

ps. now that we’ve completed this idea, you’ve got more votes to spend on other ideas — please do let us know what you think we should do :)

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aaron PerrellAaron Perrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ok, so I know you've said this works, but I google Google Voice for everything, and am constantly logged in via Chrome, a few extensions, and gmail. It still shows large phone numbers instead of dialing - thoughts?

• Joel ShuflinJoel Shuflin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ultimately the best functionality would be for rapportive to, when I click on the number, pop up an option box that gives me the choice (based on user-set parameters) to dial or send SMS with: skype, Google Voice, Google Talk, or a TAPI - connected phone.

• Joel ShuflinJoel Shuflin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this what is making the phone number appear in HUGE numbers on my screen when I click on the phone number shown?

If so, it shoves asside the dialog box for google voice -- and so I cannot do one click calling.

• Syd SalmonSyd Salmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like, Roberto Hortal Muñoz, I would prefer to be able to choose my VOIP because GV doesn't work in my country anymore. It did when it was Grand Central.

• John MilnerJohn Milner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see integration with the google voice chrome plugin, just make the number visible so the plug in can see it.
        Adding an option so that we could SMS via Google voice as well would be nice.

• Nitin BadjatiaNitin Badjatia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe my suggestion is similar:

Google Contacts are shared across gmail and gvoice. What would be cool is if you could list the number of gvoice interactions along the right column, along with a way to add a note to each interaction. This way, when I select an email for John Doe, I'd see his profile, and also a list of how many inbound calls, outbound calls, etc. that I've had with him. Within gvoice I can add a note to each interaction, and I'd like to be able to see those notes - possibly add notes - from this column view.

Feedback and Knowledge Base